Wednesday 12 December 2012

First day in Darwin

Left Sydney after a great week - and arrived in Darwin in the afternoon.

It is soooo humid up here! Much hotter than Sydney - I am in the Tropics now, and it's the wet season as the thunder storm on my arrival told me!

I can't tell you how exciting it is to be up in the top end though. I really love this part of Australia - it feels like proper Australia! The weather, the wildlife, the trees even the smell. It's just a really cool place to be!

Went to the famous fish feeding down on the coast. Wild fish come up at high tide to eat bits of bread that you can feed them. Some really big fish too including Barramundi, Grouper, Milk Fish, Diamond Mullet and even some stingray!

Gonna reaquaint myself with some scaly friends tomorrow.....

Note the lightning!







No comments:

Post a Comment