Wednesday 12 December 2012

Last day in Sydney

Final Day in Sydney today. And what a great day it turned out to be.

The weather was awful when I got up - and I went across to Darling Harbour to do an indoor attraction - the Sydney Wildlife World - a sort of mini-zoo but showcasing only Australian animals. It was fine - and if you only have a couple of days in Sydney it's probably your best bet to see a Koala or Kangaroo - but to be honest Taronga Zoo is far superior. Nevertheless it killed time while the rain came down.




Then spent a couple of hours in the superb Maritime museum. I love walking around boats, and the Sydney Maritime museum has an old frigate and submarine to look around as well as a replica of Cook's Endeavour.




Spent a few hours doing some last minute shopping before heading for my date with the Bridge! I've climbed the harbour bridge twice before, and was really looking forward to climbing it again - for a third time!

It didn't disappoint - it is so huge. The process takes a good 4 hours, and is very professionally done. Such a slick operation, and to think that originally nobody thought people would want to do this! Of course you get the stunning views - but you also get up close to one of the worlds great engineering masterpieces. I can't speak highly enough of it! And I can't wait to do it a fourth time! This time I chose the twilight walk - extra money but you get to see the views in daylight on the way up, before descending back towards the city lights on your return.

I was climbing next to a nice English girl called Zoe, and despite it being late we went for a really nice dinner afterwards - I'd read a review for a place called Cafe Sydney, but wasnt expecting the stella food and amazing views! It's slap bang on top of the Custom house in the middle of Circular Quay - we were the last to leave when it closed as we soaked up the amazing views. What a great end to my time in Sydney!

My third time!!


On the top - a great feeling!!

Not sure what i'm doing with my hands here!

No comments:

Post a Comment